When you wax, your hair starts growing slower and finer. Your skin stays smoother for much longer. Shaving increases chances of dark and coarse hair re-growth. It can also cause skin irritation and discomfort such as razor burns and ingrown hairs. You won’t get this from waxing.
Waxing is a safe method of hair removal. If you have any doubts or a specific skin condition, consult your physician before your first wax.
What to do before your first Brazilian Wax:
· Take a warm shower before your wax to open your pores.
· Use a loofah to exfoliate your skin and prevent ingrown hairs.
· Avoid gels, lotions and oils before your wax to avoid interference with hair removal.
· Avoid tanning 24 hours prior to your wax.
· Look over your skin beforehand to ensure it is free from cuts, scrapes, moles and sin tags.
What to do after your Brazilian Wax:
· Use after-wax lotions and exfoliators to help keep the skin smooth, soft and free from bumps and ingrown hairs.
· Avoid prolonged exposure to heat 1-2 days after (direct sun, saunas, and steam rooms). This is important, as your skin will be more prone to burning.